Monday, June 1, 2009

Wonderful Things



Today I have a card to share with you using our new Boys will be Boys stamp set. We've gotten alot of positive comments about this set and I thank you all for your enthusiasm. Apparently good boy sets are hard to find and this one does work for boys of many ages.

When I use this set, I cant seem to help making the boy look like my son...right down to the red hair and worn jeans. I do have to say he usually isnt this clean though, especially if he has been out hunting 'critters'! He even helped out with this set some, writing 2 of the sentiments (including the one on this card) in his own boy-child writing.

The details of this card are pretty self explainatory. I colored using copics, did alot of cutting, used some great old dp from a SU scrapbook kit, some 1/8" stitched ribbon and some buttons. The escaping froggy is popped up on dimensionals as he hops away. And for the photo, I had to take the card out to our playground for the most appropriate setting, lol.

Hope you enjoy it and your day!

4 comments:

Velta said...

Kristen ~ You did a wonderful job with this image!!! Love your coloring and the SU paper :)

Elena said...

Very cute! Your coloring is stunning!!!

toners said...

Super card! I love the splashes of plaid in the background!

Kerri said...

This is sooo cute, Kristin! I just LOVE this little boy image, and your coloring is awesome as always!