Monday, June 8, 2009

Our First Featured Stamper

As I promised on Saturday, today we will Launch our new Featured Stamper Program. And to start it off right I have a real beauty of a card to show you using the Artful INKables set Paradise Island:



This gorgeous creation was made by Diane Pomerleau from Montréal, Québec. (Her name is Miss Apple on SCS...be sure to check out her gallery the next time you are over there!) She has been a stamper for almost 15 years and writes, "When I started stamping it was on a white envelope that I embossed with the heat of a light bulb! Times have changed..." They sure have but look what Diane has done with a few stamps and some ink! I love all the little details on this card and that is why it caught my eye in the SCS gallery!

Diane has shared her recipe for her card with us here:
I stamped the Paradise Island images on watercolor paper and painted it with Twinkling H2O's. I put glossy accents from Ranger on the eyes of the fish and on the rocks in front of the hut. I just added a little accent of Waterfall Stickles on the body of the fish to give them that fishy look. I used glossy accent as glue and put gold microbeads under the hut to look like sand. I passed my Krylon gold metal pen around the border and layered it on metallic paper. Then, I took cheese cloth and sprayed green glimmer mist from Tattered Angels on it and heated it to dry. I layered it all on Coral Reef paper from Sandylion and then on green Bazzill CS. To finish it off, I embellished it with a gold star fish.

Thanks Diane! We really appreciate you letting us all enjoy your beautiful card. And I am so glad you agreed to be our very first Featured Stamper! Now, everyone leave Diane a nice comment or 2 here or in her gallery and show her the love!!

11 comments:

Velta said...

Oh Diane !!! It is obvious that you have been stamping for so many years...This card is like a canvas that should be put on display in an art gallery !!! Your use of embellishments in the cheesecloth floored me...What a fantastic idea! Kristin has an eye for beautiful art and yours is no exception !!!

Holly aka Toy said...

Wowzers, Diane! This is gorgeous! You really have done these AI images true justice :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us!

Elena said...

Very beautiful card, Diane! Your coloring is stunning! Love all the detailed work you have done!

Dawn said...

omword Diane! I love your card! using that cheesecloth was genius!! super cute!

LorettaL said...

Diane, I love your deserted beach in Fiji scene! That texture is brilliant!!!

toners said...

Diane, your work is beautiful!! Wow! Congratulations on being the first Featured Stamper for Artful INKables :)

Kerri said...

YAY, Diane! What a beautiful card! I can see why Kristin chose you to be the featured stamper! The scene you created is just fabulous : )

Joanne Travis said...

Diane, this is so beautiful!! I love your fabulous coloring on this scene. Excellent work!
Congratulations on being chosen as Featured Stamper!!

Anonymous said...

I've been a fan of Diane's beautiful style for some time now through SCS! I am thrilled to see her card here and that she is your first featured stamper!! Diane, your coloring is perfect and the use of the cheesecloth is fabulous!! Lovely work!
Smiles,Deena

marilynprestonn said...

Looks like I could get LOST in this little scene! Love the cheesecloth and the hut, lovely details. Congrats Diane.

kindly, Peggy

Cathy Rulli said...

Congrats Diane - what a great card!