Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Featured Stamper - Dina Kowal

When Dina emailed me a picture of this fabulous motorcycle card, I about fell out of my chair! I mean, it is beyond gorgeous...and the coloring is superb! So after gazing in wonder for a bit, I emailed back and asked if she would like to be featured on our weekly blog spot. So today I am proud to share her card made with our Road Rider stamp set and a little bit about the artist herself:

I'm Dina Kowal, but you may know me as dini on online forums, or from my blog, Mama Dini's Stamperia. I live with my family (DH and 4 kiddos) in Indonesia, where we serve as missionaries. I’ve been stamping since about 1993. My style has evolved over the years, but I enjoy coloring, and love colors! I couldn’t live without my Prismacolor pencils, but I also enjoy watercoloring. Some of my stamp ‘collections’ and favorite things include lighthouses, butterflies, teacups, beach scenes, Winnie the Pooh, and birds. I've had my own stamp designs 'rubberized' by several different companies...my stamped work has been published, and can also be found in several design team galleries. I stamp mainly for my own personal sanity and to stretch my creative limits, but also with the hope that I will be able to encourage others with the work and time that I put into a card just for them.



Details on this card:
I've had this set for a while - since the A.I. logo contest! How long ago was that? I recently got a set of Neopiko-2 markers, which are an alcohol-based marker, so I've been playing with those lately. I love being able to get an even base color on my image. I love my Prismacolor pencils, though, and really like the detail and texture I get by shading and highlighting with pencil over the areas colored with marker. On this card, I blended shades of dark grey in the background, then colored the motorcycle with a medium red and grey. Afterwards, I went back in and shaded with deeper shades of those colors, and added highlights with a white pencil. I chopped up the sentiment and popped each word up with foam tape. The ribbon and rhinestones were purchased locally, and the papers were from my stash.



As metioned above, Dina designed our logo over a year ago and we are still super thrilled with it. Thanks again for that, Dina, and for sharing your card today! Now everyone show her some love!!

8 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

This IS an amazing card! It is colored beautifully!!!! WOW!

Kelli Hull said...

Ummm, WOWZERS!!!!!! That is SO totally indescribeable (sp>?) LOL

I am Speechless... this card is well.... WOW!!!!!

Velta said...

Dina ~ Amazingly perfect coloring on this image!!! What a fantastic guy card!!

Holly aka Toy said...

Amazing work, Dina!! I don't have this set 'yet', but now it is a MUST!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous! And coloring is stunning!!!

Kerri said...

I agree, WOW! Your coloring is AMAZING! Awesome card!!!

Kim Teasdale said...

Whoa Nelly Dina! This is gorgeous and congrats on being one of Kristin's featured stampers :)

Hugs,

Kim

Dawn said...

oh...Dina is one awesome stamper!! I LOVE her stuff!!! fab, fab coloring...wow!!