Monday, April 13, 2009

Sneak Peek

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all had a nice weekend.

I have a fun surprise to share with you today...a Sneak Peek of one of the NEW RELEASE sets that will be available this Wednesday!! This card uses stamps from the new set called Celestial Bodies....a fun whimsical set that can be used for any occaision.





Now before I share how I made this card I want to let you know about 3 things. First, be sure to visit me and the rest of the INK Girls on Wednesday April 15th for our BLOG HOP. There will be prizes and we will be showcasing all 4 of the new sets that will be available for purchase that day! Second, go and see Holly's blog RIGHT NOW because she has another sneak peek card to share with you. And lastly, I want to let you know about a fabulous ARTFUL INKABLES SWAP Being hosted by Holly (TOY) over on SPLITCOAST. Most of the INKGirls are participating so if you join in you will get some really gorgeous cards using current Artful INKables stamps.


Card Details: Images colored using Copic Markers and cut out. I stamped the sun on a light blue circle of card stock and layered the cut-out sun over it so that the rays stood out a bit from the base. Then I layered the moon over the sun using pop dots.
The background was a happy accident. I was trying to come up with something vibrant that could be either day or night sky. So after many false starts I tried a polished stone background using a medium blue ink and some gold craft ink...but that didnt totally please me either. So I took a vial of gold leaf flakes I've had in my drawer for eons , shook them over the sticky areas where the craft ink was and pressed them down with my finger. Voila! Vibrant background! I finished it off with a bit of navy ribbon that had moons and stars on it that I got at JoAnn and added some dots to the border of my Marigold card stock. Oh, and I made the greeting arched by sticking it to my acrylic block curved instead of straight...neat trick, huh? Dawn Lusk taught me that! The rest of the sentiment is shown inside with another stamp from the set, a shooting star.


12 comments:

Holly aka Toy said...

Simply incredible, Kristin!! I LOVE this new set!!

Dorinda said...

OMG!! I really like this! I may be purchasing again here real soon! ;)

Velta said...

How in the world am I gonna 'beat' you on this one??? This is gorgeous Kristin...I've been thinkin...and putting together something...Hope you like it :)

Elena said...

Wow! Kristin! This card is stunning! I really, really love it! You really brought these stamps to life!!!
I have never seen anything more beautiful than this card!!!

Dawn said...

love it Kristin! that side shot is awesome!

TA Carbone said...

Kristin this is Wonderful. WOW oh I can;t wait to get this set now. Just AMAZING

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Debby said...

Oh wow this is so pretty. The theme is right up my alley too. Can't wait!

Kerri said...

I just LOVE this card!!! It's absolutely amazing! : )

Kelli Hull said...

OMGosh!!!! Kate (Celestial_Stamper on SCS) will LOVE this set....

GORGEOUS CARD!!!!!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is a really great card! I just love it! Michelle

Joanne Travis said...

WOW!!! This card leaves me speechless. It is absolutely gorgeous!

Lynn said...

I love this new set! Your background is absolutely gorgeous & perfect for the image!