Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another Peek...

We are one day closer to our NEW RELEASE BLOG HOP! The INK Girls and I are getting so excited!! I really hope our new sets are as big of a hit with you all as they have been with the Design Team! LOL

So today I'm giving you a peek at another new set to be released on Wednesday. This one is from a set called Greek Gardens.



The column was colored using copic markers and the border was hand doodled with a fine tip black pen. I did some paper tole on the leaves and fruits of this card as you can see in the close up picture below. The big leaf is layered 2 times and the fruits 1.

I tend to color my images as I see fit and then mimic the colors I used in the rest of the card. As you can see, I used the grey of the column to frame column piece, the burgundy of the fruit is found in the decorative paper background and the green of the leaves is the card itself. I layered two different green ribbons together on the card and used the narrower one to make the bow accent. This ribbon is made by May Arts and is now available in our store along with 5 other fun colors.

Now you may be wondering what the 3 little embellishments on the left side are. Well, they are buttons *grin*. I covered the button holes with a diamond dot sticker by Stampendous. I thought it made the buttons look alot more elegant that way, dont you?

Please be sure to check back tomorrow to see the new sets and all the FABULOUS samples the girls have created to share with you!!

5 comments:

toners said...

Kristin, super photography with this card! It's stunning!! I loooove your coloring :)

Elena said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning! Love the 3-d effect and your very artisitic coloring, Krisitn! The ribbon treatment is fabulous!

Kerri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerri said...

Your coloring is just so awesome on this card!!! The layers are fabulous too! Such a beautiful creation : )

Sorry~Had some major mispellings on the previous post!

Joanne Travis said...

This is exquisite, Kristin. I love the added depth and richness the popping up gives to the vines and fruit. I love this set!!!