Saturday, September 5, 2009

Time Flies...

Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone. Sorry I have been MIA for a bit, but our Sr. DT has been doing a great job sharing projects to inspire and creating challenges for you. They are quickly becoming quite indispensable to me! (Which is wonderful since I have been busy dealing with a family with the flu, relocating my office and getting through the back to school rush!)

So today, was the first day in a looooooooonnnngggggg while that I have had a chance to create. In fact it was my first creation in my new studio, and I quite enjoyed both the process and the result. I was inspired by a sketch challenge that Sherry shared on her blog today which can be found here: Weekend Sketch. I loved the partial circle portion of the sketch since it brought to mind a clock face, which then made me think of my current favorite set, Steampunk Sarah. Then out came some great embellishments that I 'rediscovered' during my office move and this fun collage-y card was born:



Im afraid I dont have too many details to share on the materials used for this card. The clock themed paper came from a generic paper pack at Michael's, the large clock face is from Li'l Davis Designs, the gold one came from my stash and the little black pocket watch is from a decorative button pack I picked up somewhere. The other clock face is an image from our Steampunk Sarah set, as are all the other images and the sentiment. I used brushed gold and Chocolate Chip cardstock from Stampin' Up! and the clock hands are the prongs of brads, lol. I had nothing else to fill in those brad holes *grin*.

I colored Sarah and the watch-cog piece using copic markers and a Gelly Roll Sakura glitter pen. For the gear/cog piece, I added dimension by stamping parts of it 3 times and layering them over each other. Here is a closeup of that part:



There are actually quite a few popped up parts on this card as you can see in the picture below. I made the banner look wavy by rolling it around a marker in different directions, attached it under the clockface with glue dots and at one tip to the card. Sarah is also popped up using dimensionals.


Thanks for looking and have a great last Summer-blast weekend.

4 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What an amazing card, Kristin! I love all of the details on this! Glad you are enjoying your craft room! I am admiring all of your copics I see there in the background! :)

Cardmaking Galore said...

this is stunning & i just love all the details

Velta said...

As always Kristin...Your artwork is just incredible....I love this set and cannot wait to ink it up. I doubt I can touch your creativity with this one...but heck, I am gonna give it a go. Missing you!

Beate said...

Oh wow! Your card is gorgeous, Kristin!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles