Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Puppy



It occurred to me yesterday, as my children busily prepared their school Valentines, that I hadnt yet made a card for my husband. So today, I sat down at my desk and looked over my Artful Inkables stamps to see what I could come up with. Now, since we dont have any Valentine's specific stamps sets yet, this posed a bit of a challenge, lol. I did, however, create the valentine above and I am pretty tickled with it!

Most of this card was made using our Top Dog stamp set, with the 'love you' sentiment coming from the Basic Sentiments set. I stamped the doggy on white card stock and colored it with Copic markers and then cut it out...and cut off his head *grin*. Then I stamped, colored and cut out the heart as well. Many circles were cut from many different colors of red and pink but eventually, I settled on the ones I used above (SU Real Red and Positively Pink). I stamped 'love you' repeatedly on the white circle and added a bit of decorative paper by Heidi Grace to my layers. To finish it all off, I attached the doggy pieces to the circle in the front with the head popped up on dimensionals and the heart stuck in between so it looks like it is being held in the pup's mouth. For a simple embellishment, I used some of the 1" wide Burgundy May Arts satin ribbon we carry in our store.

If it werent for the fact that I wanted to create a special homemade valentine for my hubby, I would have found this card hard to make...you see, I have our 4 soon-to-be-released stamp sets sitting here looking at me, begging me to use them! But alas, I have to be sure our fabulous new INK Girls get theirs and have some time to make their lovely creations before I can share them with you. Hopefully, that will be really soon but for the time being...I guess we will all have to wait a little bit longer for the big reveal.

7 comments:

Linda said...

This is super sweet!

toners said...

And you are going to love the new sets!!! Wooo hooo!

Velta said...

Hey Girl! This card is perfect for your hubby...I cannot wait to get home this afternoon to see my 'happy mail!'

Elena said...

I love this card, Kristin!!! How cute and creative!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous valentine! Your hubby is lucky to have a wife who will forgo new stamps to handmake him a card -- LOL! :-) Can't wait to see the new releases.

Joanne Travis said...

How sweet is this, that puppy is adorable!
Hope your Valentine's Day was wonderful!

Wendy Hall said...

This is a really great card. Just adorable