Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Birthday Best Sample

First of all, I want to thank both our readers and all of the new INK Girls for a fabulous Blog Hop! Many readers said they had a great time hopping from one blog to the next and viewing the beautiful variety of samples made with our new release sets. Didnt everyone do a wonderful job? Im just floored by the talent we have on our DT. (If you missed the hop just follow the links in the post below.)

Next, I want to remind you that anyone is eligible to enter the drawing for the blog candy we are giving away on Dawn's blog until February 24th. Dawn will choose a winner on the next day, Feb 25th. So if you havent yet entered, be sure to visit her blog and leave a comment under the blog hop post. The prize is all 4 of our new release sets and a sampling of May Arts Ribbons. Good Luck!

And finally, I want to share another card I've made using another of our new release sets. I made this card using the 3 tiered cake from the Birthday Best set. I just masked a border around the edge of my vanilla card stock and stamped the cake at an angle. Then I colored it using prismacolr pencils and gamsol.

At the edge of the masked area, I drew a thick line in brown to frame the image...in retrospect, I suppose I could have just layered card stock and achieved the same framed effect. :-) The brown card stock is Chocolate Chip by SU! and the decorative paper is also by SU! but for the life of me, I cant remember the name...it is discontinued anyway, so I suppose it doesnt matter. To finish it all off I added 2 pink dew drops. What do you think?

6 comments:

Stampin_melissa said...

What a lovely card Kristin! I have always loved your artwork! I have finished the blog hop. So much talent! Your sets are wonderful, but I will admit Post A Note is my favorite! I am not a cupcake fan *gasp* and don't own any cupcake stamps but yours is great! I love the fluid lines of the cupcake. I just wanted to share with you what a wonderful line of stamps you have!

Anonymous said...

Your card is so unique Kristin...I just love the way you used your idea to angle this cake...I am gonna have to buy this set too...YOU are SUCH and enabler :)

Cher said...

oh my ...this card is so striking..luv it...and the stamps! I want every stamp I see when you guys do cards! Is there a stamp-aholic treatment program yet? Cher

Elena said...

I like the masked frame you created, Kristin!
And your beautiful coloring really brought this stamp to life!!!

toners said...

This is gorgeous! I love the color combo and how the shape of the dew drops echos the circles on the cake :)

Heidi said...

Oh this one is fabulous!