Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's another ARTINK Challenge!

Hi everybody!

Today it was my turn to be the hostess for this week's Limited Supplies Challenge, and boy what a challenge it is! *Insert wicked grin here* :) For this week's challenge, here are the rules:

1. You may use only 2 layers on your card plus a base (maximum 3 layers)
2. You may use 1 type of embellishment (ie: ribbon or brads)
3. You may use a sentiment
4. Your card must be any size of square
5. No Designer Paper allowed! (GASP!!! I know...but it can be done :)
6. Have fun! - Haul out your Score Pal or Cuttlebug and have fun with this creating some textures!

As with any of the Artful INKables challenges, you are welcome to use stamps by any company and the idea is to just have fun. If you upload your creation to any online gallery, please use the work ARTINK (all in capitals) in the keywords slot so that we may find your card easily to leave a comment! Feel free to link your creation back here as well or to any of the INK girls blogs. Please take a moment to pop by the INK girls blogs to see what they have come up with for this challenge and while your there tell them that I said "hello" lol


Here is my creation:


I first inked up the inside of one of my cuttlebug folders with Close to Cocoa ink and then placed my Creamy Caramel card stock inside so that the ink would be left in the embossed impression to make a two toned paper. I then cut and scored and stamped my watercolour paper. I used my Stampin' Up Markers and Aqua Painter to colour in and blend the palm trees. The outlines of the image as well as the sentiment are heat embossed using Basic Black Ink and Versa Mark with Clear Embossing Powder. I then took my ribbon and mat pack and started creating holes where I wanted my rustic stitching to go. I used some natural hemp thread and just cross stitched the card together and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals. As a finishing touch, I added Crystal Effects to the palm tree leaves for some extra texture and gloss :)

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Artful INKables - Paradise Island
Paper: Papertrey White, Creamy Caramel,, Watercolour
Ink: Close to Cocoa, SU Markers, Basic Black, Versa Mark
Accessories: Natural Hemp Thread, Aqua Painter, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Needle, Embossing Powder, Crystal Effects, Cuttlebug, Brayer, Dimensionals, Grosgrain Ribbon, Score Pal

Thanks for playing along!

Kim

Note from Kristin: Sorry I didnt participate this time, guys...my craftroom is being redone/remodelled and right now, I cant find a thing to stamp with...even for a limited supply challenge! It is my turn next time though, so I'll be sure to have something wonderful for you!

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I absolutely love your coloring on this Kim! and the super stitching - the whole thing is just so tropical!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the stiching at the top!

Anonymous said...

wow look at that amazing stitching! awesome! very cool palm tree