Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ribbon Weaving Tutorial!

Good morning all! Jackie here, it's time for our next tutorial! I get to host the next one so I have decided to share with you a simple but really pretty way to make a great background using ribbon! Here it comes, my Ribbon Weaving Tutorial!
Materials Needed:
2 different shades of ribbon

1 - 3" x 4" piece of cardstock, I picked white

sticky strip/red line tape

scissors

You can use any size paper desired; I made mine 3” x 4” so that it would fit nicely but not cover my entire card, you can also use any color, but I went with just a piece of white scrap.

Place sticky strip on all four sides on the back side of your paper, then cut strips of the ribbons you selected so that there is at least a ¼ of an inch over ribbon extending past the paper on both sides. On the back of your paper attach your ribbon #1 along one side (pink) and then adhere your second ribbon along the perpendicular side (white). Once all your ribbon is attached done flip over your paper and attach a piece of sticky strip to the two sides across from your ribbon (in this case to the bottom and left). Now, one by one, piece by piece begin layering your ribbon, being sure to place one piece on top of the other as you make your way across the paper. Continue weaving the ribbons one by one across your cardstock, I like to work right to left in this case, not sure why but it seems easier for me, but either way will do.I use the sticky strip at the ends of the paper so that the ribbon does not move or come undone as I am weaving, that's why it looks so flat, the ribbon is lightly attached to the cardstock base. After I have finished weaving the entire piece and the ribbon is attached to the front pieces of sticky strip, I flip the piece of paper over and attach the end of each ribbon to the back with sticky strip. I also trim down the pieces so that they don’t come undone later. Your ribbon weaving is now complete! Adhere to a card as you would any background piece, something fun and different to try with your ribbon stash, you know you have one!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

OH MY GOSH, I am a ribbon freak and THIS I LOVEEEEEEE! Thanks for sharing it!

Kim said...

Wow, that is a great way to add texture to a card and it looks beautiful on your card! Thanks so much for the tutorial

CraftinGranny said...

Great tutorial!! Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to try it.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

kANNAdyjka said...

Thanks a lot!!!! I love ribbons and that is so cool!!!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

this tutorial is amazing... and how you used it on the card is gorgeous... what a soft and pretty look! I know that I will be using this in the future... you did a great job...

Sammi said...

AWESOMe tutorial! Thanks :D

Anonymous said...

this is very cool, Thank You!

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous!!! Love the look.

rellijac said...

This is so wonderful. I am new to ths and it's going to be one of my first projects! Thank you so much.