Friday, April 9, 2010

Design Team Featured Stamper!

For today we our Featured Stamper is Joy Stagg! Joy is not only an amazing stamper, but she is also a great part of the Artful INKables team! This is her second term as a Senior Design Team member, making this her third term at AI and each term seems to get better and better! So without further ado, here is more about Joy!
Q ~ Married? Kids? Pets?
I have a wonderful DH- we've been married a little over 2 years. I have my fur-baby- Polo, he's a Jack Russell Terrier and anyone who knows me or frequents my blog, knows that I am a total freak about my dog and that he's spoiled ROTTEN!

Q ~ Do you have a job outside of stamping? If so, what do you do?
Yes, I'm a full time mental health and addictions therapist- how appropriate, right!? I supervise addictions programming in 7 counties, do individual and group therapy, and am a state hospital liaison.

Q ~ What got you into stamping?
Like many others, a Stampin' Up party got me hooked! It was right after I graduated college, so without school, stamping took up all that extra time that I was normally in class or doing homework.

Q ~ What is your favorite embellishment and why?
I have to pick one? I love brads, flowers, ribbon, and buttons! And why- because I tend to HOARD everything, lol.

Q ~ What drew you towards Artful Inkables?
This is my 3rd term on the team. I love the images, they're so fun and I love to color. The stamps seem to fit my "style" of stamping, and I love that! I also have the best boss and always have a fab time with the other DT members!

Q ~ Do you have a favorite stamp set from Artful Inkables?
My favorites are the Twilight themed sets, Epic Tales, Fictionally Inspired, and Into the Moonlight.

Q ~ How would you describe your stamping style?
Whimsy and fun. If you look at my cards, I love scallops and nesties- use them on every single card almost!

Q ~ What’s you favorite part of stamping?
I get to escape- It helps me wind down and not think about craziness from work and home. I also have met some fab fab people through stamping!

Q ~ What is your favorite non-card type project?
I love to alter things, which includes making gift sets with all types of items, which you can see regularly on my blog as well.

Q ~ Have you been published?
Yes, I've been published 4, soon to be 5 times in the Hobby Lobby magazine.

Q ~ What is your favorite coloring medium? Why?
COPICS!

Q ~ Tell us about your blog.. (ie..is it all stamping, or a mix of other things?)
My blog, Crazy for Daisies, is mostly stamping. But Polo seems to jump on there a LOT too, wink wink.

Q ~ What is your favorite part of being on a design team?
I love working with the team, the images, and of course- getting to see the sets before they're released!

To pick just one of Joy's creations is a hard task, but I decided to share with you one of her cards using the new Epic Tales set, I know its one of her personal favorites! This card showcases this new set wonderfully, I can certianly see why its one of her favorite stamp sets to use, she seems to rock with every inking!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Your creations are so unique and wonderful! It is so much fun to learn some personal tidbits about you!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Hooray Joy! You described your stamping style as whimsy and fun - that describes you too!

Sammi said...

Yay!! go Joy!! Great to read this! thanks!!
xxx

Jackie said...

Loved reading all of this! It's nice to meet you Joy :)