Friday, April 23, 2010

Featured Stamper Friday!

For today we are having our first Customer Featured Stamper Friday! I had a blast roaming though our Think INK challenge entries and online galleries to bring you some more information about one of our great customers! In my hunting I found Kelly Landers, she is a great crafter and you are going to love getting to know her a little better too! Not only has she taken the time to answer some questions, but she is also sharing with all of us some fabulous cards she made using Artful INKables stamps! So allow me to introduce Kelly Landers!

Q ~ Married? Kids? Pets?

My name is Kelly Landers and I am a remarried mother of four children between the ages of 16 and 25. Two of my children have moved out and two remain at home. We have one cat named Quinn and a puppy named Tasha. We live in Florida where we enjoy doing things like camping and boating outdoors!


Q ~ Do you have a job outside of stamping? If so, what do you do?

To ensure a steady flow of new red rubber coming into my house, I have a full time job as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. I take call for two local hospitals and attend high risk deliveries or care for sick newborns when needed. Although I am on-call many days a month, I still have a lot of time in my craft room to stamp!


Q ~ What got you into stamping?

About five years ago I bought my first stamps and cardmaking supplies so I could make a homemade card for my Aunt Cindy’s 60th birthday. I caught the bug and haven’t stopped playing with paper and stamps since. Gradually I have increased my collection of stamps and have made it a part of almost every day!


Q ~ What is your favorite embellishment and why?

That is a hard one!! Not sure I should have to choose just one! LOL!! But I guess it would probably be flowers followed very closely by ribbons!! See, I really can’t just choose one!! ;-)


Q ~ What drew you towards Artful Inkables?

The first order of AI stamps I made was because I was in search of a masculine stamp. You guys were one of the few companies I could find that even had masculine stamps as a category. Then as I looked around the site, I was very impressed with the art work and drawings of the stamps. They were unique and inspiring to me!! The masculine stamp was not the only stamp that ended up in my shopping cart that order!


Q ~ Do you have a favorite stamp set from Artful Inkables?

Another hard one…but I think I still love Fairy Whimsey the best! The beautiful fairies, butterflies and flowers make this set so versatile to use for many occasions!


Q ~ How would you describe your stamping style?

I don’t think that I actually have a defined stamping style that fits me completely. But I prefer to work with open line stamps and color them to match my Designer paper. When making cards I like feminine cards that are not too frilly with the right amount of layers and embellishments to keep the creation from being cluttered and too busy. I love to rearrange my work until I find what the right balance is on my cards or layouts!


Q ~ What’s your favorite part of stamping?

Coloring in my stamped images is by far my favorite part of stamping.


Q ~ What is your favorite non-card type project?

I also love to scrapbook and used to do it a lot more. Lately I have been getting back into it and forgot how much I love it!


Q ~ Have you been published?

I have not been published to date, however I have my first submission accepted being published in May this year. A card I made will appear in the PaperCrafts special publication Card Creations, Volume 8


Q ~ What is your favorite coloring medium? Why?

Copics, Copics, Copics!!! I love Copics!! Can you tell!! LOL!! The reason I love them so much is that because of their alcohol base, they are perfect to blend with. I find it easy to match the colors in my Designer Papers and can also add depth and shadowing to my images for a more realistic look.


Q ~ Tell us about your blog… (i.e. is it all stamping, or a mix of other things?)

My blog is called My Bucket Overfloweth. The “bucket” represents my life and it is overflowing with all the things that I have been blessed with. I have a strong passion for many things, but the main thing that I blog about is my stamping and papercrafting. I do throw in a few personal tidbits here and there, but mostly share my creations with my readers! I update my blog 4- 7 times a week depending on how much my life is overflowing in any given week! I would love for you to come and visit me. The url is www.mybucketoverfloweth.blogspot.com


Q ~ Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

I am so thankful to have the honor of being chosen by Jackie to share my story and a couple of my creations with you. I love the stamping community and have made so many friends that share in this crafty passion with me. I can’t imagine my life without stamping in it and I am so grateful for companies like Artful Inkables who provide the rubber for us to create with! I would love to get to know all of you better, so I encourage you to look me up on my blog, on Facebook (Kelly Mahany Landers) or on Splitcoaststampers.com (kmahany). Thanks so much for your time, and may your bucket overflow with the happiness that stamping provides!!

Now you know all about Kelly Landers! I simply love the first card on this post, her Fairy Whimsy creations is just magical, and this masculine card is fabulous!


Kelly also created this adorable Daring card just for today's feature, isn't he too cute! Thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself with us Kelly, I know that I had a blast getting to know you better and I hope everyone else did as well! Oh, and thank you for being our first customer in our Featured Stamper Friday!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Kelly,
I enjoyed reading about you and your cards are wonderful! congrats on getting published too, that is quite an accomplishment!

Cheryl Walker said...

Wooooohoooo Kelly!!! Congratulations hun, and I love all your cards !!! :) I tooo Love Fairy Whimsey, and Im a flower and ribbon gal toooo...Hheehehehehehe how funny!

Loved reading all your wonderful answers, and seeing all your beautiful cards! Congratulations again hun!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Kelly, so glad to see you featured here at AI!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You so rock Kelly! I have seen your work before and it always catches my eye! So happy you are the featured stamper... congrats!

Jackie said...

Kelly, the whole piece turned out wonderfully! Thank you so much for being our featured stamper this week, we love having you!

StampinCathy said...

Your cards are fabulous. Congrats on be published. I'm not shocked at all with your creative and inspiring MOJO!

Dawn said...

Kelly...

Your cards are so pretty and It was wonderful getting to meet you!
Dawn

Sammi said...

Yay Kelly! TFS - Really enjoyed reading your answers and those cards are all wonderful!
Sammi
xxx
Ps. I love Fairy Whimsey too!!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Hooray for Kelly! It was great to get to know you better here and to see some of your gorgeous work!

StampinCathy said...

Kelly, It's so nice to get to know you a little bit about you and your cards are just fabulous. I just love your creative and inspiring style.