Monday, March 31, 2008

A Little Spring Sprite

Well, the warmth thing just didnt work out...it snowed last night and today, big time! During rush hour it was almost white-out conditions. Luckily alot of it melted as the day went on but I still spent most of the day inside. On the plus side though, I got to do some stamping!

I still keep finding fun things I can do with my fairies...the scale of them is so perfect for alot of my other images. (Sadly, this was only a happy accident and not intentional, lol) Today, I paired a fairy with the sprout from the 'Thought I'd bug you" set. as I made this card though, I thought through some other possiblities like, a fairy riding on the "Pond Friends" turtle's back, or a fairy flying with the dragonfly from that same set. The lizard, the ducky and the snail also hold possibilities as companions for the fairies. Anyway, here is the card I came up with today:

First, I colored the fairy (with pencils & gamsol), added a bit of shine to the wings with a clear Sakura gel glitter pen and cut him out. Then, I stamped the sprout on River Rock card stock from SU! and added texture and grass using the 2 pieces from the Pond Friends set meant for background detail. I stamped the sprout image again on Caramel stock this time, colored it a bit, cut it out and layered it over the image on the River Rock stock. The same was done with the lady bug...stamped on red, cut out and layered, but then covered with a bit of crystal effects to make the shell shine. When I attached the fairy to the piece, I left the wings loose, to give a bit of a 3D look. To finish it all off, I layered the piece on Artichoke and Blush Blossom and bordered the main piece with a line of turquoise stickles glitter.

7 comments:

Donna Baker said...

this came out great! love it on the River Rock cardstock & the glitter is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh My! This is just too adorable...I love the WHOLE card! The stickles just added to an already fun card :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! Your coloring is perfect. I am anzious to receive my order...it is on it's way!

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the outline! I just used your stamps.....LOVE em!

Unknown said...

Ooooh how CUTE! And I love your stamps! Can't wait to get some!
-- najahlei

Becca said...

oh my this is such a cute card. May I ask where the fairy comes from? My DD collects fairies. I buy her one every year for her birthday. It would make for a lovely card.
Bela
bela3@sympatico.ca

Becca said...

o.k. pls. disregard..I found your store..should of read it all but I was so stunned by the fairy. I will come shopping.
Bela