Friday, August 28, 2009

Design Team Featured Stamper ~ Sherry Campbell


Next up in our fabulous InkGirl lineup is Sherry Campbell! When I found out that Sherry has an 18 yr old son, I was like "what???" She barely looks 18, herself!

Sherry has a whimsical style. I encourage you to check out her blog (Stamping when I'm Not Working) ~ as she has some fabulous projects to share.

Here is one of my favorites!



Let's see what Sherry says about herself :)

Q ~ Married? Kids? Pets?

I am currently single (divorced) but I have a great boyfriend who is the love of my life. My son is 18 and just graduated from high school and is attending Advanced Technical Institute for an Associates in degree in Automotive Technology. I am also “Mom” to a beautiful St. Bernard mix named Dixie who I got from a couple in the Wal-Mart parking lot when she was a puppy. She is 8 years old and has seen me through my divorce and I wouldn’t trade her for all the money in the world. Dixie has her own cat named Cookie who keeps her company while I am at work.

Q ~ Do you have a job outside of stamping? If so, what do you do?

I am a dispatcher for a regional trucking company that specializes in hauling gasoline and fuel to local stations. It can be extremely stressful and the days are long so stamping is my escape.

Q ~ What got you into stamping?

About 3 ½ years ago a friend of mine invited me to a Stampin’ Up workshop. I agreed to go because she was my friend and she came to all of my parties but I thought it was the silliest thing I ever heard of. LOL. I even went as far as to tell her that if I needed cards, that was what Hallmark was for so don’t expect me to order anything. I had no idea that I was about to find what would become my passion (and obsession). I have been completely hooked ever since and I don’t see it ending in the near future. I think if I had to choose between food or stamping supplies – I would finally lose some weight!

Q ~ What is your favorite embellishment and why?

Ribbon, Ribbon and more Ribbon! I love brads and buttons are a new favorite but Ribbon will always be # 1 in my heart. You can find ribbon in different colors and designs and you can get good bargains depending on where you shop. If I shop at Wal-Mart I can buy ribbon when I buy groceries which makes grocery shopping more tolerable.

Q ~ What drew you towards Artful Inkables?

I am really impressed with the line-art images. I have recently become obsessed with Prisma Colored pencils and I see a lot of coloring potential with these images. There is also a variety of images from whimsical and cute to more modern and trendy.

Q ~ What is your favorite non-card type project?

Well cards are my favorite by far but I am trying to step out of my box more and try new things. I do like to alter items such as clipboards and frames.

Q ~ Have you been published?

Not yet, however I have just recently started submitting projects and hope to submit more in the future. I think I was intimidated by the talent in most publications, but if you don’t try and put yourself out there you won’t grow in your craft.

Q ~ What is your favorite coloring medium? Why?

I used to color everything with either my Stampin’ Up markers or ink pads with an aqua painter. Recently I purchased the 120 ct. set of Prisma Color pencils and I have been practicing blending them with Gamsol and baby oil. I find it very relaxing to color images after a long day at work. It’s like when you were a kid and had coloring books and crayons.


Q ~ Tell us about your blog.. (ie..is it all stamping, or a mix of other things?)

I first started my blog because my best friend started one and said I had to start one too. LOL. At the time I was working even more insane hours than I work now so I “themed” it on stamping when I wasn’t working. I do write about working and stamping but it is mostly stamping. I put a lot of my personality on my blog and I like to occasionally post pictures that are non-stamping related. It’s just basically about me, my stamping and my life in general.

Q ~ What is your favorite part of being on a design team?

I am very excited to be challenged in new ways and growing as a stamper and artist with this team. There’s a lot of negativity in my job and sometimes in my life and I have found many positive forces on this team and others I have guest designed for. I think Kristin has picked a talented and wonderful group and I am looking forward to everything planned for us and the company as a whole.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks, Sherry, for sharing a little of you with us! We look forward to seeing more of your awesome work in the months to come!

~~ Holly~~

No comments: