Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stamping Friends

Do you ever feel like the only people who 'get' your rubber stamping hobby are the friends you've made online? I certainly do! Unfortunately, I dont have any local friends who stamp. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that Im too busy to do much socializing but it would be nice to meet some IRL stampers.

So with that thought in mind, I joined a card club at my local scrapbook store. Ten ladies get together once a month to swap cards and do a card make and take. I attended my first meeting last night and had a really fun time. We did a make and take that involved acetate and glitter and I met some fun ladies with some beautiful cards.



This is the card I made for the swap. It uses the AI Post a Note set, some of our lovely May Arts ribbon and one of our sunflower charms. I have to say I was proud to make something that actually used 3 items from our store...though I didnt advertise that fact at the card club, lol. I actually designed the card around the colors in the ribbon , pairing some SU DP with some Celery and Not Quite Navy card stock. The image was colored with Copics...I just purchased some new colors I had to use...and finished off with some tiny pearlescent sticky gems. The ladies seemed to like it and I hope you do too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Kristin ~ You are such a talent...This is one of my favorite stamp sets...and you sure know how to make it look good :)

Stampin_melissa said...

Just gorgeous Kristin! I love your coloring job!

Anonymous said...

Kristin, This card is so gorgeous, so glad I found your blog!

Elena said...

Kristin! I am so glad that you found new friends that enjoy card making!
And card you made for swap is so pretty! I love the colors of the flowers! And little charm is so cute!

Kerri said...

This is just beautiful, Kristin! I love how you colored the flowers, and added the sweet charm! How fun to be in a card club!

Joanne Travis said...

Oh my, this is so beautiful!! I love the coloring and how the colors in the ribbon perfectly compliment the card. Excellent card!
I hope you had fun at your gathering! It's always good to set aside some time like that and get to meet some new friends in the process.

Barbara said...

Verry pretty Kristin. My set just came in the mail today. Cant wait to play this weekend.

Cathy Rulli said...

It's beautiful!!!

toners said...

Kristin, this is stunning!! The colors are perfect for this time of year, and I love all the little details you added :)

Have a fantastic weekend!