Monday, January 26, 2009

A Pink Butterfly and Company Updates

Well, we finally have some snow here, almost a foot so far and the bad air is FINALLY gone. But all that balmy weather in the middle of January, really got me in the mood for spring. So what to stamp? When I originally designed the Butterfly Blessings stamp set, I saw it as an autumn set, but with a simple change in color and attitude...you get soft spring.



I blended the pinks and purples of my copic markers together on my Pink Pirouette paper. (The colors I used are shown below.) I'm not that happy with where the light pink and magenta blended, but it still has a nice overall effect.





You cant really see it too well in the first picture, but I traced over the outline and veins of the butterfly with my gelly roll glitter pen which really added a wow factor. (Closeup below)




To finish the card off, I layered the image with multiple pieces of different colored card'stock to mimic the blending on the butterfly. Then I mounted all that on a piece of Basic Grey paper and put it on my purple card. I extended the dots on the paper by adding some of my own dots on the final layer with my gelly roll pen. My flower embellishment is 2 chipboard flowers, one colored purple with markers and one covered with the Basic Grey paper I used on the card. The center is a pink dew drop.

Design Team News: The applications keep on rolling in daily and I have to say we are blown away with all the fabulous talent and variety of stamping styles we are being shown! The variety is especially what impresses me, because that is what we need...a team that can appeal to all types of stampers. So if you haven't applied yet, please be sure you do! We might just be looking for you!!

Sale News: There is less than a week left to take advantage of our 1/2 off sale! Get them while you can!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin ~ This is incredibly beautiful...your colors are amazing...I am finally going to the post office today to mail a couple of cards to you...I've had water damage to my hardwood floors and it is taking weeks to get it all cleaned up...Hope you get my package before Friday :)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I, too, thought of that as a fall set -- it's wonderful to see how it can be used with different colors for an entirely new look.

Dawn said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL! I can see how you couls use this for any season and i just love the addition of the glitter! Great job!

Stampin_melissa said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! Kristin, this is gorgeous!! Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't let this set "slip" into my order! LOL! BTW, I received my order today! Thank you so very much! It was sweet of you to slip that darling duck into my order! Hugs!

Cathy Rulli said...

What a beautiful card! The purples are awesome with this image - tfs

Mandy said...

Wow...this is amazing. Such wondefrul coloring and that sparkle is beautiful.

~Lori Roop said...

WOW! Fabulous coloring! Love the added sparkle!

P.S. Did you get my email?