Saturday, March 29, 2008

Looking for Warmth

As I was watching my son's first soccer game of the season this morning, the inspiration for this card came to me. You see, it was quite windy and a "balmy" 41 degrees here in Utah for the start of the spring soccer season...the girls and I were cheering the team on while sitting on the sidelines under our blankets and I was dreaming of being warm! Warm...or hot, as in the African plains, seemed wonderful at the time and so I came up with this card.


I made the sunset background in the same manner as I did the one in my Tutorial here. The colors are a bit different but the technique is the same. And instead of blue for the sea, I tore a piece of black cardstock and layered it along the bottom with another on top for the ground. The tree image is from our Lion's Pride set...I colored in the tree tops to make the tree look like it is all in shadow. I kept this card simple, just finishing it off with a greeting (from a zoo set, coming soon) and a black organdy ribbon. I like how it ended up looking rather postcard-ish. Unfortunately, I smeared a bit of black ink just over the sun but since my creative time for the day was up...I decided to let it go and share with you anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin ~ Beautiful !!! I love the sunset and no one would have noticed the black in the sunset had you not mentioned it. This is the perfect card for "warmth" I am on the waiting list til I have the "mula" to get some more of your wonderfully whimsical stamp sets. I just love your stamps :)

Stampin_Melissa said...

Gorgeous Kristin!

Maulwürfchen said...

Great card, very beautiful!! Glad that I found your blog, like it very much. Please visit mine, there's an award for you.