Friday, August 14, 2009

Design Team Featured Stamper ~ Lisa Kind


The new Ink Girls are ready to start dazzling you with their talent! We thought it would be a great idea to introduce them one by one in a Q & A format, so you can read in their own words just what their passion is all about.

Today we introduce.....drum roll please.... LISA KIND!

A little back story on Lisa...

Lisa and I were neighbors when I lived in Western New York. We met up a couple times and I can tell you first hand that she is a warm wonderful person :). I already miss having tea/coffee with Lisa, but I am going to love sharing her great talent with you all here on the team!

So, I asked Lisa a few questions....

Q ~ Married? Kids? Pets?

A~
I have been married to Kevin for 17 years. He's a great guy who loves to travel and thankfully takes me with him! We were not blessed with children, but we have the next best thing...a Springer Spaniel named Lizzie. She is the sweetest dog with a great personality. She is a fetchaholic and is constantly stealing our little neighbors baseballs! We really enjoy our little Lizzie!

Q ~ Do you have a job outside of stamping? If so, what do you do?

A~
I am a fifth grade teacher in a public school. I have been teaching for 11 years and was an accountant before that in a bank. I had always wanted to teach, but jobs were pretty much nonexistent when I went to college, so I changed to accounting. When I had the opportunity, I went back to school for teaching and have loved every minute of it! I also have a Master's degree in Reading.

Q ~ What got you into stamping?

A~
Like a lot of people, I went to a Stampin' Up party and my girlfriend and I were hooked. She went on to become a demonstrator, but never really took it anywhere. She quit stamping and I continued on and off for a while. When I found SCS, I was REALLY hooked and the rest is history!

Q ~ What is your favorite embellishment and why?

A~
I love SPARKLE! I just love when I hold the card in the light and see the shimmer! I think it makes a card special!

Q ~ What drew you towards Artful Inkables?

A~
I saw a DT call in January and was curious. I looked at Kristin's stamps and thought they were fabulous! I didnt' get on the team then, but I'm thrilled to have been asked to be on it now!

Q ~ What is your favorite non-card type project?

A~
I love making boxes/containers of any kind. There are so many out there and they've always caught my attention. I think it makes a gift so special when it's presented in a handmade container.

Q ~ Have you been published?

A~
I have not. I have been wanting to submit, but I don't know if my work is worthy and it always seems like such a confusing process that I just shy away from it! I will get up the nerve someday and give it a try though.

Q ~ What is your favorite coloring medium? Why?

A~
I LOVE my copic markers. Before them, I stayed away from images that had to be colored. I never did well with watercoloring or colored pencils, so when I tried my hand with copic markers, it was love at first sight! I'm copic certified and I'm always learning new ways to use them. It's definitely an ongoing learning process.

Q ~ Tell us about your blog.. (ie..is it all stamping, or a mix of other things?)

A~
My blog, Kind Creations, is just stamping. I do throw in some family posts, but 99% of it is stamping. I love having the blog...it's like my personal journal of my stamping journey. I like to look back at projects I created previously and either laugh, shake my head, or say "I forgot about that one"!

Q ~ What is your favorite part of being on a design team?

A~
I really like getting to know the people on the team. It's so fun to make new "cyber-friends". I also like the behind-the-scenes things that go on to help promote the stamps. And, of course, it's always nice to have fabulous new stamps given to you to play with! Free stamps for doing something you love...can't beat that!

Thank you, Lisa, for sharing with us! We look forward to seeing your fabulous creations. You can find more of Lisa on her blog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Joy has posted yet another sneaky peek here earlier...scroll down to see it! And don't forget, the August release blog hop starts right here tomorrow!! Come back for more! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

~~ Holly


No comments: