This month, our tutorial is brought to you by Joy Stagg, Sr. DT member, and she's going to be showing you how to cut outside the lines with Nesties. Here's how:
Cuttlebug (or similar die cut machine)
Stamp- I used AI's Critter Country
1. Stamp Image onto cardstock
2. Place your nestie on top of your image and mark a small line on the inside of the die… above and below the section you want to leave hanging out
3. Then remove the nestie and with your scissors, cut from the edge of your paper up to the line you drew. Then cut around the section you are letting hang out
4. Next, place the nestie back into position, with the cutting edge down. When you slide the nestie into place, lift the section you are letting hang out so that it lays above the die. This will keep it from being cut off when it is put through the die cut machine.
5. Run it through your Cuttlebug (or similar die cut machine)
6. Color, embellish, layer, and VIOLA!
*If using straight edges and you don't have nesties...you can always use a pencil and ruler to achieve the same effects.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and are able to use this technique with a lot of your AI stamps!