Friday, September 26, 2008

Im Nuts! (for you)


Today I bring you a creation from our final new release set: 'Deer Friends'. I have been wanting to stamp this image like this since I designed the set! I just think that chipmunk looks so smug on top of his pile of nuts. In fact, my dh thought I should draw the image this way but I thought it didn't leave much room for variety. As it is, you can stamp the chippy alone, with lots or a little nuts. It just takes a bit of masking to get it to look like YOUR creation.
I shamelessly borrowed my layout from one of my talented design team members, Jenn Muraoka. I thought the little circles down the side would lend themselves so well to the cut out nuts! Thanks Jenn for the inspiration. And speaking of the DT and inspiration...be sure to check out Terri's, Beth's and Pam's cards using this set! There are so many new critters here and all the creations are different, cute and gorgeous! Be sure to see if you can spy the discount code they are sharing with their blog readers as well...you could save 10% on your entire order on top of the free shipping for orders over $40.
Please Note: I will be updating the company site today to add all these great new creations with the recently released sets so be sure to check it out later.
Recipe for today's card:
Stamps: Deer Friends by AI
Paper: DP from Stampin' up & card stock in Chocolate Chip, Garden Green and White
Ink: Stampa Rosa Black
Accessories: 3/4" circle punch, forest grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, Copic markers and post-it notes for masking.
Thanks for lookin'! :D

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

This chippy looks adorable on top of his hoarded pile of acorns! and I love the spot lighted 3 on the side - wonderful choices for the DP too!

Beth Thomas said...

This is so cute! I love the little pile of acorns (that took some time) and the little chipmunk is colored so realistically! Awesome!