Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Charming Leaf Card...For You

I wasnt planning on sharing a project today since Jenn, Pam and Beth have some lovely samples on their blogs to share with you using our newly released 'Autumn's Flowers' set. (Im so lucky to have such a talented group of designers on my team...these samples are real beauties. ) However, I just couldnt help myself when I saw they were having a "Charming Challenge" over on SCS. I mean, what could be more 'up my alley' than charms? I love them! Infact, I love them so much I recently purchased a bunch to coordinate with our stamp sets that you can purchase in the store. *wink*

So I pulled out my charm stash and knew immediately which one I needed to use to coordinate with the 'set of the day', Autumn's Flowers! Isn't that falling leaf charm just perfect? I love how the card came out all light and breezy too even though it is a fall theme card. I used my trusty SU! markers today (decided to give the copics a break, lol) in Old Olive, Really Rust, More Mustard, Ruby Red & Bravo Burgundy. Then I cut the piece to be 1 3/4 inches square and anything outside that area was cut out on the lines. I also stamped an extra leaf which was colored and cut our separately. I picked a small sentiment from our Basic Sentiments set and stamped it in the lower corner and then mounted it all on a 2x2 inch square of Kiwi Kiss with the extra leaf falling off the side. Other papers used are Groovy Guava, Whisper White and Old Olive. The decorative paper is by Bo Bunny and the satin ribbon is by SU! I did score the piece of guava paper vertically to give some texture but it isnt readily apparent in this picture, sorry!

1 comment:

Julia Aston said...

very pretty Kristin~ I love the separate falling leaf and fun charm! I was wishing I had ordered some of your charms when I saw the challenge!!! Love the swirly DP on this - goes perfectly with the fall thame!!