Monday, August 11, 2008

Sweet...but late!


Sorry Im a bit late getting my Sneak Peek card up for today, in all honesty...I just finished it! LOL You gals have gotta stop placing all these order so I can get some time to create! Nah...slash that...I'll find the time somehow! :D

Today's card features the new Artful INKables set called "Orange You Sweet". Actually it isnt a card at all but a fun little ATC. I thought the mimosa drink stamp would be just the right size for a trading card image. I stamped it using black stazon on shimmery white card stock an then stamped the image again on Apricot Appeal cs...this is where my oranges came from. I used Only Orange, Pumpkin Pie and Blush Blossom markers to darken and highlight them and added a bit of green and white at the end to make it look a bit more dimensional. I dotted my markers at times to give the orange skin the right texture. The leaf was stamped on gable green cs and colored in the same manner. These were then cut out and assembled and the placed over the image on the shimmery white cs. The drink image was colored using an apricot appeal marker. I added some darker orange dots up the side along with some dots from my sakura glitter gel pen to simulate bubbles. Then I highlighted around the image with a bit of barely banana marker and covered it all in crystal laquer. To finish off this ATC, I layered it on Green Galore and Apricot Appeal cs, added a doodled border with a pen and tied it with a ribbon and my sentiment. The sentiment, by the way, was stamped on acetate with black stazon, punched out with my oval and 1/8' punches and tied to the ribbon with a bit of gold cord. (see detail below)

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

love the great coloring on your popped up oranges Kristin! and the cool 'bubbles' in the glass! fun idea to have the sentiment on the acetate and the doodling outline - very fun ATC!

Dorinda said...

Fabulous again K!!

pammyrn said...

Your coloring is awesome as always. The sparkle is just the right touch.

Hugs Pam