Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Colors of Summer

I made a card!! It was so good to get back into the craft room, feel inspired and accomplish something Im happy with. Today I was motivated by the colors of summer...clear, crisp, white, warm inviting saffron yellow and cool, calming celery green. I used our new SUNBURST DANDIES stamp set to make the majority of this card with a few accents from the POND FRIENDS set (the grass & the textured background stamp). I stamped the globe of flowers in green and stamped the sunburst in yellow in the center. I then used a similar color marker to color in the flowers, added the leaf and stem and a bit of grass. I added a tiny dot of glue to the center of each flower and sprinkled on a bit or irredescent green glitter. The background on the white is the globe of flowers again in green and yellow and on the green I stamped the texture stamp from the Pond set. Some sponging adds interest to the white background layer and the card is rounded out with some interesting tabs, dew drops and a piece of green hemp 'ribbon'.

In other news: All website problems are fixed and working properly. International shipping is on track, we can now take money orders and you can pay directly through paypal if you choose. I am also updating the galleries for the new sets daily as I get samples from the design team. These fabulous girls are doing such a great job showcaseing the new sets, be sure to visit their blogs often to see all their new creations.

And dont forget, we are offering 10% off all Artful INKable stamp sets for the month of July. You might as well save money while you're buying some of our fun stamps, right??!! Use code: 10%AIJUL

4 comments:

pammyrn said...

This is so soft and pretty. I love to look at it. Awesome as always.

Hugs Pam

Beth Thomas said...

I love the clean colors of this beautiful card! It truly has a tranquil feel to it- love it!

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty Kristin! I love the green and yellow - wonderful bg stamping too - great ribbon in the center!

sumbine said...

Beautiful card!
I like the fresh colors.