Friday, May 7, 2010

Featured Stamper Friday!

For today we our Featured Stamper is Kim Nath! She is not only an amazing stamper, but she is super sweet and so creative, her cards always make me smile! So without further ado, here is more about Kim!
Q ~ Married? Kids? Pets?
I am married to a great guy and have two awesome kids, a 15 yo girl and 9 yo boy. Oh yeah and one chubby, lazy, adorable beagle.

Q ~ Do you have a job outside of stamping? If so, what do you do?
I am a research biologist. Our lab studies development using various frog species. I love my job and am so lucky to be able to be happy to go to work everyday!

Q ~ What got you into stamping?
I bought a teddy bear stamp and embossing powder from Joann's and made some Valentine's day cards (which weren't very good) I was hooked when I saw that embossing powder bubble into life!

Q ~ What is your favorite embellishment and why?
Probably ribbon because it is the easiest way to give a little extra pizazz to most cards. I also couldn't live without pop dots, not sure if that is an embellishment but my projects are not complete without at least one pop dot and more than likely a whole boat load.

Q ~ What drew you towards Artful Inkables?
The whimsical, adorable style of the stamps completely matches my style of crafting. I love doing things that are fun and fanciful (cute doesn't hurt either) and AI stamps are perfect for that.

Q ~ Do you have a favorite stamp set from Artful Inkables?
For some reason I am into birdhouses right now and I love the Any Birdy Home set. Also, our family loves nature and birding so it is going to get a lot of use!

Q ~ How would you describe your stamping style?
Fun! I really like making things that are fun to look at and I love adding interactive elements like pop-ups and sliders. It is always fun to get a card but it is even better to get something you can play with!

Q ~ What’s you favorite part of stamping?
Giving the finished product away, especially to someone who isn't expecting it!

Q ~ What is your favorite non-card type project?
Any type of three D project.

Q ~ Have you been published?
Well, I am a published author in scientific journals, but I am guessing you mean papercrafts. No paper magazines, but I have had a couple projects in on-line magazines.

Q ~ What is your favorite coloring medium? Why?
Prismacolor pencils and oderless mineral spirits. I find that I have more control over the blending of colors using this medium better than any other.

Q ~ Tell us about your blog.. (ie..is it all stamping, or a mix of other things?)
I have a couple of blogs. One is pretty much stamping and papercrafting though I sometimes throw in random stuff. I also recently started a 3D crafting challenge blog.

Q ~ What is your favorite part of being on a design team?Sharing my love of crafting with so many wonderful people. Both design team members and those who just enjoy crafting are some of the most amazingly talented, generous and sweet people I have ever met. I am so grateful to be part of such a wonderful crafting community!

This feature is quickly becoming my favorite part of the week! Isn't it fabulous getting to know these ladies! Here are some of Kim'sa> amazing creations!
Kim thank you so much for sharing all these things with us! It's been a total joy getting to know you better then we already do! Keep on the look out for great creations from Kim, you never know what she will create next!

2 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Kim, you rock! I love getting to know more about you! Your work is so inspiring!

Jackie said...

Kim, I loved getting to know you better! Thanks for being so easy to chat with!