Friday, March 26, 2010

Design Team Featured Stamper!

I am thrilled to announce that we are kicking off our Featured Stamper feature on Fridays once more! Not only will we be featuring our fabulous new Design Team throughout this term, but we will also be show casing our wonderful customers too! If you want to be featured be sure to keep using those Artful INKables stamps and playing along in our challenge, posting your creations to your blogs, or add your work to the SCS gallery so that we can find you, you never know who will be selected next!

For today we our Featured Stamper is Alicia Ekermans! One of our newly named Design Team members, Alicia has already been a great addition to the, here is a bit about her!
Q ~ Married? Kids? Pets?
I have been married to my husband Paul (who is Dutch) for over 10 years. We 'met' on the internet in 1996 and he moved to the U.S. to marry me in 1999. We have one daughter, Presleigh, who will be 4 in April.

Q ~ Do you have a job outside of stamping? If so, what do you do?
I consider myself a Work At Home Mom. While my primary 'job' is taking care of Presleigh, I do contract design work for a local printing company as well.

Q ~ What got you into stamping?
Years ago (10+) my sister was big into stamping and making cards. When I visited her, I would always play with her stamps. Heat embossing AMAZED me. Later I got into scrapbooking, but returned to stamping and cardmaking pretty heavily in the last 4 years or so.

Q ~ What is your favorite embellishment and why?
Gems and pearls. Just about any card can accommodate one or two (or three...) of these pretty, little accents. And now that I can color them with my COPICs, I always have the 'right color' to add.

Q ~ What drew you towards Artful Inkables?
In one word - Joy. As in Joy Stagg. Smile emoticon She was one of my ShortCuts design team members and I remember her posting some fabulous creations using AI stamps. She was always so enthusiastic about the stamps and the company.

Q ~ Do you have a favorite stamp set from Artful Inkables?
Right now it has to be the 'In My Garden' set. I was so excited to receive it as one of my first AI DT sets. There are so many possibilities with the images and sentiments. The little girl holding the flowers reminds me of my daughter. While I am not a green-thumb at all, she does love to be outside helping her grandma in the flower beds.

Q ~ How would you describe your stamping style?
Definitely clean and simple. Definitely.

Q ~ What’s you favorite part of stamping?
Just getting to create something. Getting into my craft room, now that I don't work outside the home, is my 'time away'. I can relax, watch what I want to on TV, and create.

Q ~ What is your favorite non-card type project?
When I can get it together enough, I love to make scrapbook layouts of my daughter.

Q ~ Have you been published?
Not ever in print, but my work has been seen in 'SheetLoad of Cards' (a no-brainer since I owned it) and just recently a creation was accepted by Scrapbook News and Review.

Q ~ What is your favorite coloring medium? Why?
I recently took a COPIC class and am loving the chance to learn and play with them at the same time. I just love the bold look they give to colored images.

Q ~ Tell us about your blog.. (ie..is it all stamping, or a mix of other things?)
My blog, Call Me {Crafty} Al, is dedicated to all of my papercrafting creations.

Q ~ What is your favorite part of being on a design team?
Getting to use tons of awesome new images before the public even sees them. Kinda like being an 'insider'. Also, getting to know the other artists is wonderful.


Here is one of Alicia's wonderful creations, in fact this was her creation for the new release blog hop earlier this week! I just love the thought of this seed packet being a gift package, its so fun!It was a pleasure to get to know you better Alicia, I can't wait to see what you create next!

Be sure to come back on Friday's to see who will be our next Featured Stamper!

5 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Alicia is awesome!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I agree Alicia rocks! So much fun!

Kim said...

Go Alicia! I love your style!

Joy said...

i totally love Alicia!

Jackie said...

Thanks for sharing so much about yourself! Fabulous info!